Spring Hill College Student Media offers students the chance to create and publish content across multiple platforms. Our newspaper, The SpringHillian, Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper is published 4 times a semester. "Spring Hill Now" is our award-winning weekly video newscast streamed at livestream.com/springhillcollege. Our student news Newswire website is where students can learn how to post breaking news appealing to the SHC community.
SHC Student Media is an immersive experience with gain hands-on experience:
- write text stories for print and the web
- write, shoot and edit video stories
- peer edit fellow students' stories
- gain experience on camera as an anchor and/or reporter
- gain experience in video production as a director, graphics operator, cameraperson and audio operator
- choosing a path of media management overseeing the newspaper, art design, newscast producing, newscast directing or website
SHC Student Media is housed in the Integrated Multimedia Center in the Lucey Administration Center on campus. The IMC houses the latest Macs for graphic, print and video creation; a broadcast studio with a chromakey wall; video control room; screening room; and podcast facilities. At the IMC, media students can borrow high-end audio & video equipment from Blackmagic, Sony, Panasonic, Sennheiser, Rode, Canon, Nikon and more.